[forge-dev] Can I pass a String array to a named option?

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 15:42:44 EDT 2012

I think this is something we should fix. I agree. Maybe you could take a
look at it?

I would start by reproducing this with a Forge test case:
https://github.com/forge/core/tree/master/shell/src/test/java/org/jboss/forge/shell/test/command(create
a new test class, you can use that one as an example, and add your
test scenario) Then once we have a test case reproducing the issue, it
should be much easier to track it down and make sure that the use cases are
working correctly.

Even if you just wanted to write the test cases, that would be a huge help.
Just attach them to a new JIRA issue: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE

Thanks so much!
~Lincoln

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Sandro Sonntag <sonntag at gmx.li> wrote:

> But I think a user is confused, if he has to know that the option have to
> be the last option, if he want to put more than one value.
>
> e.g.:
>
> testcmd  --myarg "a"  "b" --myarg2 "x" --> didn't  work
> testcmd  --myarg2 "x" --myarg "a"  "b"  --> should work
>
> On 23.04.2012, at 18:10, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
>
> Yes, but it must be the last option, as far as I know. (Otherwise it's a
> bug.) This could certainly be improved!
>
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 7:51 AM, Sandro Sonntag <sonntag at gmx.li> wrote:
>
>> Hi *,
>>
>> can I pass a array of strings to a named option?
>>
>> This is my test, that didn't work: https://gist.github.com/2469460
>> Whats wrong?
>>
>> Greetings Sandro

> Lincoln Baxter, III