[forge-dev] Plugin-Undo is released as a part of the GSoC; End of GSoC

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:35:01 EDT 2012

Jevgeni,

First - *congratulations!* You have done a tremendous amount of research,
work, and innovation throughout this project. You pushed Forge hard, and
improved it in many ways that I hope you recognize.

Second - Consider creating a git tag for GSoC so that you can keep hacking
without waiting! Your work here has been amazing, and I hope you are
excited because it's just the tip of the iceberg of what's possible!

Best wishes,
~Lincoln

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:55 PM, <ggastald at redhat.com> wrote:

>  Congratulations Jevgeni !
>
> You did a really great job in this plugin. The docs are really fantastic
> also !
> You have amazing skills to solve problems and we expect you to stay in
> touch with us :)
>
> Best Regards,
>
> George Gastaldi
>

> On 08/21/2012 04:52 PM, Jevgeni Zelenkov wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> GSoC will officially end this Friday. No coding is allowed since
> yesterday. So I would like to present the Plugin-undo for forge! Yes,
> it lets you undo a forge command.
>
> I created a small website which describes how it works here:http://jzelenkov.com/plugin-undo/ There is also a screencast which
> lasts less than a minute in case you have no time and just want to see
> plugin-undo in action.
>
> The Plugin-undo is implemented using Readme Driven Development
> (http://tom.preston-werner.com/2010/08/23/readme-driven-development.html)
> so it has a decent readme. Check it out to see usage examples and main
> features: https://github.com/forge/plugin-undo/blob/master/README.md
>
> If you would like to know how plugin-undo works without looking into
> the source code, check out this article about plugin-undo internals
> (pictures included!):https://community.jboss.org/wiki/MakingOfUndoPluginForForgeUsingGit#intro
>
> The current version is for submission to GSoC. I am planning to keep
> working on the plugin after GSoC. Currently usability improvements are
> planned, such as a correct detection of forge commands which introduce
> changes and removal of unnecessary intermediate commits. If you
> discover a bug or would like to request a feature, please open an new
> FORGEPLUGINS issue.
>
> THANK YOU ALL for helping make this plugin a reality! It would have
> been impossible without your support!
>
> Cheers,
> Jevgeni Zelenkovhttps://github.com/forge/plugin-undo

> *George Gastaldi* | *Senior Software Engineer*
> JBoss Forge Team
> Red Hat
> +554797111000

http://ocpsoft.org