[forge-dev] Again classloading.....

Richard Kennard richard at kennardconsulting.com
Tue Dec 4 17:48:37 EST 2012

Luca,

I would suggest:

1. Take a look at https://github.com/forge/plugin-spring-mvc by Ryan Bradley. It used a similar approach, and I believe he got it working?

2. Consider refactoring Metawidget out of forge-scaffold-faces and into forge-scaffold-api. I think this is justified, now that it is reused by Faces,
Spring, AeroGear and Errai. I believe most classes, like ForgePropertyStyle and ForgeConfigReader, are duplicated anyway. This may avoid classloading problems?

3. Implement a better ResourceResolver. I believe this is the approach taken by AeroGear? See
org.jboss.forge.scaffold.aerogear.metawidget.config.ForgeConfigReader

Regards,

Richard.