[forge-dev] Opinion poll: Jackson vs Errai

Thomas Frühbeck fruehbeck at aon.at
Sat Dec 22 05:02:15 EST 2012

Luca,
that's feedback I was hoping for :-)

My plans in short for aerogear-goes-errai:
     - exchange Jackson ser/deser provider with Errai databinding for
entities
     - create simple templated UI for entities
     - extend entities with base set of annotations
     - provide GWT compiler options in plugin (e.g. --style PRETTY)

scaffolding mechanism "fromEntity"

Step 1: revamp a generated Aerogear app to use Errai - see the delta
Step 2: analyze possible improvements / best practices
Step 3: introduce experience into Metawidget scaffold
Step 4: implement forge commands for controlling generation/update of
source

Timeframe: Jan, 2013

It would be great to have you provide input e.g. on step 2, experience
is key in this step - and that's not what I can provide yet.

Regards,
Thomas