[forge-dev] automatic dependency detection problem

Thomas Frühbeck fruehbeck at aon.at
Sun Feb 12 20:15:18 EST 2012

Yes, I would like to have it "mainstreamed", I just wanted to be sure to
understand how things work before I come up with a proposal. There are
some problematic points in the scaffold, which will not easily be
managed by inheritance e.g. BackingBean.jv, so I am convinced, that only
a clean and clear design can make it work.
No, I do _not_ want to create a parallel development, it just looks like
you are in the middle of closing 1.0..

Anyhow I made a git project " plugin-faces-idaware" on github.com, so
you can have a look at my changes anytime - please not yet, the issues
with package visibility are still a problem. I'm not so used to git yet,
though I gradually tend to get hooked :-)
I promise I will send a pull request when it's stable enough to have it
integrated. I really do think that stability of the seam plugin is key
for the success of Forge.

@reverse engineer: I had a go with the hibernate plugin, but I found,
that it produces field access annotations, which I do not like.
So I simply used Eclipse Hibernate tools (JBoss plugin??) to reverse
engineer my database and then copied the sources into a Forge project.
Works great, that's exactly what I expected from a tool like Forge :-))

Regards,
Thomas