[forge-dev] automatic dependency detection problem

Thomas Frühbeck fruehbeck at aon.at
Sun Feb 12 20:34:20 EST 2012

Many thanks for your kind words, yes you are absolutely right! I did it
first differently because I used to see the real Id in the legacy UI
too, bad habits are hard to come by :-)
What you proposed is exactly what I just implemented, now the UI just
sees only the opaque id and the BackingBean will do the rest.
There is just ONE issue that bothered me: when building the pages (e.g.
tables) you will _have_ to write the real id in the EL-expression. This
is in fact a little awkward. When replacing the id everywhere it would
be easier to maintain and understand, isn't it?

I just submitted the first working version, I tested it for simple beans
and oneToMany until now.

Time for bed!
Cheers :-)