[forge-dev] SOLVED: installing plugins on Windows

Richard Kennard richard at kennardconsulting.com
Wed Feb 29 22:04:44 EST 2012

Hi guys,

I have identified the problem with installing plugins of Windows and looking for .forge in the wrong location. It seems it has nothing to do with any Java
code. Rather, the file bin/forge.bat contains...

     if "%HOME%" == "" (set "HOME=%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%")
     -modulepath %HOME%\.forge\plugins

So it is using the variable %HOME% *if it is not already set*. However, there is a small, fringe project (I don't think it'll ever catch on :) called 'Git'
which asks you to set an environment variable called HOME too. If I change all references to %HOME% to, say, %USERHOME%...

     if "%USERHOME%" == "" (set "USERHOME=%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%")
     -modulepath %USERHOME%\.forge\plugins

Then it works. I haven't pushed any changes in case you disagree with this approach?

Regards,

Richard.