[forge-dev] JBoss Stacks: Requirements

James Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Tue Jul 3 11:14:11 EDT 2012

The main idea behind the supportVersions (probably a bad name) was
something like:

availableVersions: 7.0.0.Final, 7.0.1.Final, 7.0.2.Final, 7.1.0.Final,
7.1.1.Final
supportedVersions: 7.1.0.Final, 7.1.1.Final

Just meaning all available version should work, but everything is only
guaranteed to work with the supportedVersions. Maybe a Beta or CR could
be in available, but not fully supported as well. Just a thought that
really isn't a big deal.

What I think would be ideal if it's possible would be to have a
properties section with name value pairs. Then things like the
-logmodule or -someOtherArgument could be used for anything.

I would think the AS downloads would always be a zip as well. If other
consumers have no use for a packaging type it can be left off. Really if
we can have a properties section it could be used in there if needed.

--
James R. Perkins
JBoss by Red Hat