[forge-dev] [IMPORTANT] API Breakage in Scaffold Modules

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 16:25:06 EDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

I've *broken the following API* in the *Scaffold API module*. Since we only
have three scaffolds at this time, it seemed best to do this now, since it
will not affect most other plugins:

https://github.com/forge/core/commit/8a366fc0eb6913922b0b31ff21d9869c2fd1bc11#scaffold-api/src/main/java/org/jboss/forge/scaffold/ScaffoldProvider.java

It is a trivial change, and should be simple to update. In version 2.0, we
should consider passing a ScaffoldConfiguration object instead of
individual parameters, thus allowing us to continue updating without
breaking API compatability.

This breakage will occur in version 1.0.1.CR1 (or .Final if we skip
releasing CR1)

***BEFORE YOU UPDATE to use the new API:*

Be sure to *create a Branch or Tag named "1.0.0.Final"* in your plugin git
repository. This will ensure that those who have not updated to the latest
API will still receive a working version of the plugin.

Thanks,
Lincoln

http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."