[forge-dev] new website

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 00:22:00 EDT 2012

Hey Paul,

Did you start with a fresh Awestruct instance, or did you take things from
Arquillian? I think it would be a good idea to look at what they have done
before we get too far on creating our own. In fact, they have been working
extensively to make their system reusable for many projects!

~Lincoln

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Paul Bakker <paul.bakker.nl at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for testing, it should work a lot better now!
>
> Paul
>
> On Mar 17, 2012, at 17:29 , Jason Porter wrote:
>
> > Site's not really mobile friendly, FYI.
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > On Mar 17, 2012, at 8:14, Paul Bakker <paul.bakker.nl at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> As promised I started work on the new website. After some good
> experiences with it for the Arquillian website we decided to use Awestruct
> for this. This basically allows you to do some "dynamic" things like
> templating while the result is still plain HTML.
> >> For the look&feel I used the Bootstrap library. We still have a lot of
> work to do, but I did set up the structure of the site. Now it's just
> adding more and more content.
> >>
> >> There are a few things to look at:
> >> 1) The front page
> >> It contains a news section which is aggregated from the "news"
> directory. The pages within the news directory must have the format of
> yyyy-MM-dd-post-pagetitle.textile to be picked up.
> >>
> >> 2) The documentation page
> >> The documentation pages have their own template which creates the menu
> structure: _layouts/docs.html.haml. If a new page is added we need to add
> it to the menu too (this can probably be automated).
> >>
> >> You can preview the site here:
> http://jboss-forge.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html and the sources are on
> github: https://github.com/forge/website
> >>
> >> I will continue adding content myself, but please contribute on this.
> You can simply send pull requests on git like always. The most important at
> this point is to migrate the documentation.
> >>
> >> Paul

http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."