[forge-dev] Issues with new getObjectId() support

Koen Aers koen.aers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 04:48:04 EDT 2012

After pulling in Richard's latest changes everything seems to work as I expect it.

If you want to try take care of following gotchas:

1) start the sakila database

2) make sure your as7 instance has a h2 datasource deployed that corresponds to the sakila database:

  -> put the driver jar (h2-1.3.161.jar) in the as7 deployment folder

  ->create a file 'sakila-ds.xml' with below contents and put it in the as7 deployment folder:
     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
     <datasources xmlns="http://www.jboss.org/ironjacamar/schema">
       <datasource jndi-name="java:jboss/datasources/sakila" enabled="true"
           use-java-context="true" pool-name="HSQLDB">
         <connection-url>jdbc:h2:tcp://localhost/sakila</connection-url>
         <driver>h2-1.3.161.jar</driver>
         <pool></pool>
         <security>
           <user-name>sa</user-name>
           <password></password>
         </security>
       </datasource>
     </datasources>

3) use the latest hibernate tools plugin available

  ->forge git-plugin https://github.com/forge/plugin-hibernate-tools.git

4) use the correct settings when reverse engineering:

  ->table: *
  ->schema: *
  ->catalog: *
  ->entity package: my.test.sakila.model
  ->driver: org.h2.Driver
  ->path to driver: /Users/koen/Temp/sakila-h2/h2-1.3.161.jar
  ->url: jdbc:h2:tcp://localhost/sakila
  ->user: sa
  ->password:
  ->dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.H2Dialect
  ->detect many to many: true
  ->detect one to one: true
  ->detect optimistic lock: true

5) after reverse engineering the db and scaffolding the ui and before deploying don't forget to edit the persistence.xml file:

  -> delete or comment the line   <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="create-drop"/>
  -> change the jta-data-source     <jta-data-source>java:jboss/datasources/sakila</jta-data-source>

After doing this, the app should work with the contents of the sakila database.

Cheers,
Koen

Op 21-mrt.-2012, om 00:17 heeft Thomas Frühbeck het volgende geschreven: