[forge-dev] Forge License

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Sat May 26 16:43:18 EDT 2012

Oops, I totally got that wrong.

EPL is a copyleft license. The important difference from LGPL is that EPL
clearly states that linking is not a derivative work (the main confusion
over LGPL) and allows relicensing of binaries under commercial terms. Thus,
it's very business/commercial friendly for plugin writers. Like LGPL,
modifications to source code in Forge proper do have to be contributed back.

So I guess ASL is on the table.

(I'm still not sure I would advocate ASL to EPL, but time will tell).

--
Sent from my CyanogenMod-powered
Android device, an open platform for