[forge-dev] Help needed

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 15:51:14 EDT 2012

Hey Everyone!

I've been working on Forge 2.0, and it looks like I've hit a very strange
problem that I am having difficulty solving. It involves Surefire Maven
Plugin and the Forge Arquillian tests.

The tests work fine in eclipse, because Eclipse launches using a real java
classpath, however...

Because of how Surefire handles
classloading<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/class-loading.html>,
Forge is not properly finding classes, booting weld, and loading addons.
I've gotten close to a solution a few times, but I've not been able to find
the exact concoction that gets things working.

Anyone have experience with this feel like taking a look?

Just check out the Forge 2.0 branch from https://github.com/forge/core,
first *cd* into the maven-far-plugin directory, install it with `mvn clean
install`, then return to the main directory and run `mvn clean install`,
you should then see the failures I am describing.

Thanks!

http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."