[forge-dev] Forge list command for resources jar/war/ear/zip

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 10:34:37 EST 2012

Hey Adolfo!

This is great. I think that in order to resolve this, you'll probably need
to implement your own directory handling in your ZipResource, similar to
JavaResource and others using the Resource API to return virtual entries
that represent intermediate folders.

so listResources() would return org/, then org/jboss/, then
org/jboss/forge/ as you recursively travel down the structure.

I'm not sure exactly if ZipEntry really supports this kind of directory
navigation, so you might need to implement it yourself.

~Lincoln

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Adolfo Jr. <adolfojunior at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am a new Forge entusiast, it's a great project!
> So decided to learn and help, i started to do some code.
>
> I developed a plugin based in issue
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-559
>
> The implementation suggest a full list of entries in a zip archive.
>
> [plugin-lszip] plugin-lszip.jar $ ls
>  META-INF/
> META-INF/beans.xml
> README.TXT
> org/
>  org/jboss/
> org/jboss/forge/
> org/jboss/forge/dev/
>  org/jboss/forge/dev/zip/
> org/jboss/forge/dev/zip/LsZipPlugin.class
> org/jboss/forge/resources/
>  org/jboss/forge/resources/ZipEntryResource$ZipEntryInputStream.class
> org/jboss/forge/resources/ZipEntryResource.class
>  org/jboss/forge/resources/ZipResource.class
>
> Then i sent a pull to github: https://github.com/forge/core/pull/239
>
> The code works fine for list command.
> But in some other tests with "cat" command to read a ZipEntry content, and
> "cd" command to change the current resource, the commands didn't work!
>
> I realised that the name of entries contains slash and the PathspecParser
> class split the name and navigate recursively.
>
> I think that implementation like a DirectoryResource hierarquicali could
> work fine. But will lose the full list of entries.
>
> Some suggestion to resolve the behavior?
>
> Thank you,
> Adolfo Jr.

http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."