[forge-dev] [Proposal] Helper methods for managing inverse relationships

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 11:21:45 EDT 2012

> Lincoln and I have discussed this on IRC, and whiles this has been deemed a good idea,  we're wondering what everyone else thinks. So, thoughts?

it depends ;)

In principle this is a good idea and I think its a good addition if it is done at the time you add the relationship and have enough info.

But it has its issues if:

A) the ownership changes (can be fixed by handling on both sides I guess - then it does not matter which side you call)

B) reverse engineering (i.e. hibernatetools plugin) should have these too somehow - but here the owning side is a "best-guess" since the database metadata doesn't really tell you.

/max