[forge-dev] Forge at the Devoxx 2012 Hackergarten

ggastald at redhat.com ggastald at redhat.com
Wed Sep 26 12:00:05 EDT 2012

Absolutely ! Now we just need to find someone to mentor it there ;)

Here are some ideas:

- Create a plugin to allow @Deprecate methods and classes
- Create a plugin for Hibernate Envers (Koen already done that)
- Fix some Forge issues (that would be even awesome ! :) )

On 09/26/2012 12:51 PM, Dan Allen wrote:
> As you may have seen, there will be a full-day hackergarten (hackfest
> / workshop) at Devoxx 2012 [1]. I saw in the logs that you were
> discussing it at the end of today's meeting. I'd definitely like to
> see the Forge project represented there. It's a great opportunity for
> attendees to get hands on with Forge and to get more people interested
> in contributing.
>
> I'm looking for a few things:
>
> - thumbs up that you want Forge involved
> - a list of people that would like to be mentors (looking for 1 to 3
> people)
>
> To make the event successful you should perhaps create a wiki (or
> website) page that has:
>
> - a link to a setup guide so participants are ready to start hacking
> - a list of ideas / goals to accomplish; the starter tasks are good
> for this, or perhaps tutorials (to build experience)
>
> As far as Forge is concerned, I think the focus of the event should be
> to get people familiar with using Forge and either writing plugins
> (easier goal) or hacking the core (more lofty goal).
>
> Btw, the hackergarten is a good opportunity to give out mini-cards,
> buttons or whatever else you have to distribute.
>
> -Dan
>
> [1] http://www.devoxx.com/display/DV12/2012/09/25/More+Space+and+Content
>
> --
> Dan Allen
> Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat | Author of Seam in Action
> Registered Linux User #231597
>
> http://google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen
> http://mojavelinux.com
> http://mojavelinux.com/seaminaction

*George Gastaldi* | /Senior Software Engineer/
JBoss Forge Team
Red Hat