[forge-dev] [Need Help to do some updates on my forge folder to get scaffold customized]

Ahmed ELJABIRI a.eljabiri at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 07:37:43 EST 2013

Hi all,

I'm sorry for my request a little late.

I have developed the Primefaces plugin (PrimeFacesWidgetBuilder) containing
the six classes : HtmlCalendar, HtmlColorPicker, ....
PrimeFacesWidgetBuilder as those

of the richfaces, and i had build a new metawidget-all.jar.

Thereafter, i had updated the FacesScaffold Class to add
insertPrimeFacesWidgetBuilder() and setupPrimeFaces() methods of
"forge-scaffold-faces" Forge module.

But once I do "# scaffold from-entity" command, i get the following ERROR :

****ERROR*** Exception encountered: javax.faces.component.UIComponent from
[Module "org.jboss.forge.scaffold.impl:main" from local module loader
@1b7a216 (roots:
/home/ahmed/sandbox/tools/Forge/forge-distribution-1.1.3.Final/modules,/home/ahmed/.forge/plugins,/home/ahmed/sandbox/tools/eclipse_indigo/eclipse/plugins/org.jboss.tools.forge.runtime.ext_1.0.1.v20120715-0232-H99-Final/modules)]
(type "set VERBOSE true" to enable stack traces)*

Any suggestions or help about this ERROR ?

Thank you so much in advence.

2013/1/4 Lincoln Baxter, III <lincolnbaxter at gmail.com>

> Yes, however make sure you are using the github repository to get the
> code, not just unzipping the JARs :)
>
> http://github.com/forge/core
>

> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM, George Gastaldi <ggastald at redhat.com>wrote:
>
>> Always use the latest version , 1.1.3-Final in the case :)
>>
>> Em 03/01/2013, às 21:30, Richard Kennard <richard at kennardconsulting.com>
>> escreveu:
>>
>> > Ahmed,
>> >
>> > Sounds great! Note there is an existing RichFacesWidgetBuilder in
>> Forge. The intent would be you create a new PrimeFacesWidgetBuilder for
>> purely PrimeFaces
>> > components, and combine that with RichFacesWidgetBuilder and
>> HtmlWidgetBuilder (and probably ReadOnlyWidgetBuilder) by using
>> CompositeWidgetBuilder.
>> >
>> > You should *not* need to create your own WidgetBuilder that creates
>> both PrimeFaces *and* RichFaces components.
>> >
>> > Re: the version of the sources, that's one for Lincoln :)
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Richard.

>> components as with RicheFaces one.

>> metawidget-all-2.4, and then I'll edit the file metawidget-entity.xml, and
>> also the two classes

>> forge-1.1.3.Final(https://github.com/forge/core/tree/1.1.3.Final) or
>> those

>> lincolnbaxter at gmail.com>>

>> sadly, unless someone out there has some time to contribute to make it
>> happen.
>> re-design the whole scaffold architecture so that resources can be made
>> available to
>> working as seen in the resource addon.)
>> >>

>> https://github.com/forge/core/blob/2.0/resource/api/src/main/java/org/jboss/forge/resource/ResourceFactory.java#L78

>> then that would be fine as well, but I'd want to know what folks think is a
>> know what would be good/acceptable.

>> richard at kennardconsulting.com <mailto:richard at kennardconsulting.com>>

>> writing a custom WidgetBuilder (see
>> >>
>> http://metawidget.org/doc/reference/en/html/ch02s04.html#section-architecture-widgetbuilders-implementing-your-own)
>> and then modifying
>> /resources/scaffold/faces templates (create.xhtml, search.xhtml etc).

>> them. This has been an outstanding issue for some time. Lincoln can we make
>> a New
>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGEPLUGINS-68

>> this relatively simply by modifying the metawidget XML configuration, and
>> perhaps
>> defer you to Richard Kennard, the author of Metawidget, since he will know
>> the answer
>> too much trouble on his part.)

>> also copied a few people who might be able to give advice with their
>> experience

>> a.eljabiri at gmail.com <mailto:a.eljabiri at gmail.com> <mailto:
>> a.eljabiri at gmail.com

>> ahmed.eljabiri at ardassconseil.com>