[forge-dev] IDEA codestyle definitions for JBoss Forge?

Lennart Jörelid lennart.jorelid at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 15:04:57 EDT 2013

Hello George (and all),

I understand. As a suggestion, could I make a case (implying a JIRA issue
and following patch, I presume :) ) for placing the codestyle configuration
for IDEs and Maven plugins within a "Codestyle" maven project, placed
within the root of the the Forge Core repository? (Or somewhere else, if
you deem there is a better location).

The approach has been used smoothly within several large-scale projects, so
I feel decently confident that it works well.
Moreover, I have an somewhat documented example of this approach if you
feel like taking a look:

   1. Maven site documentation and partial explanation found at
   https://bytebucket.org/lennartj/nazgul_tools/wiki/mavenSite/2.0.8/codestyle/index.html
   2. Repository available for cloning at   hg clone
   https://bitbucket.org/lennartj/nazgul_tools

Let me know if you feel this is not worth investigating. Otherwise, I will
place a JIRA, create a patch, introduce some code quality plugins in Maven
and provide a Intellij IDEA integration, hopefully with the exact same
codestyle as the current Eclipse one.
Fair?