[forge-dev] Scaffolding immutable JPA entities

Vineet Reynolds Pereira vpereira at redhat.com
Thu Jun 27 06:48:22 EDT 2013

Hi Max,

  I guess should have replied back to the ML with details of the discussion we had in #forge.

  We might introduce support for scaffolding immutable entities correctly. That is however a lower priority item, since we anticipate fewer object models to use immutable types. And the extra effort needed to support these types kind of warrant a lower priority for this item. For now, this is being tracked in FORGE-978 <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-978>. I havent thought about using a Map based approach for the search criterias, but thats probably because I didn't consider it at all. I was considering the creation of new mutable types that mirror the immutable ones, but if the Map based approach works for both search criteria facelet as well as for the edit entity facelet, I'll go for it. As long as the generated scaffold is not very far off from how end-users model their apps for production, I'll use any possible solution.

Thanks,
Vineet