[forge-dev] Cannot download AS7 7.2.0

Gabriel Miró gsmiro at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 09:40:12 EDT 2013

I'm assessing forge as a tool for a small team of developers, so I began
by following the steps in
http://forge.jboss.org/docs/using/basic-javaee-app.html.
When trying to setup JBoss AS7, I let it download 7.2.0.Final for me,
yet I get the following error:

  Downloading JBoss AS 7.2.0.Final.... /-\|/-\|/Could not find
artifact org.jboss.as:jboss-as-dist:zip:7.2.0.Final in CENTRAL
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/)
***ERROR*** Exception encountered: Could not find artifact:
org.jboss.as:jboss-as-dist:zip::7.2.0.Final (type "set VERBOSE true" to
enable stack traces)

 From the looks of it, it's looking up only the CENTRAL repo. So I did a
little test and manually added JBoss AS 7.2.0 as a dependency in a maven
project, which successfully found the artifact - I added
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/ as a
repository in my maven settings.xml file.  So my conclusion is that
forge is not using my current maven configuration to lookup dependencies.

Therefore, how can I configure forge to use my current maven
installation, or how can I add Jboss repo to the list of repositories
as7 plugin uses to download the containers?

Regards, Gabriel Miró