[forge-dev] Plugin Backwards Compatibility

Vineet Reynolds Pereira vpereira at redhat.com
Mon Mar 25 07:55:56 EDT 2013

My bad. Zimbra swallowed a portion of the previous response when I hit 'send'. Forge would display something like this in 1.2.3:

[example-project] example-project $ example-plugin oldcommand
***WARNING*** The command (oldcommand) is deprecated and may be removed in future versions
Executed named command without args.

There is also a related item in JIRA: FORGE-828, but from what I've noticed, this is not wired up to display deprecated options/commands as striked out text.