[forge-dev] Addon dependencies in tests

Ivan St. Ivanov ivan.st.ivanov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 16:53:34 EDT 2013

Hi folks,

As you might know I am working on the Git tools plugin migration to Forge
2.0 addon. I reached the point of migrating the tests and am trying to
understand how to declare the dependencies of the test to the current and
to other addons. I see five ways to do that:

1) In the test project's pom.xml
2) In the addon project's pom.xml
3) In the parent project's pom.xml
4) As @AddonDependency annotation of the getDeployment method
5) As parameter of ShrikWrap's addAsAddonDependencies method

Should I declare all my dependencies in those five places? Or there is a
difference between them. I need to understand especially the difference
between 4) and 5) and why do we need them both.

Thanks,
Ivan