[forge-dev] Several architectural styles in Forge (was Wondering about coding convention)

Antonio Goncalves antonio.mailing at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 09:49:40 EDT 2013

Hi Vineet,

I've published the blog : http://antoniogoncalves
.org/2013/10/29/several-architectural-styles-with-java-ee-7/

I've implemented the three different architectural styles and you can have
a look at : https://github.com/agoncal/agoncal-sample-javaee/tree/master/03-
TierArchitecture

Unfortunately I still have an issue with the RESTendpoint doing a paginate
(I've asked some help in the jersey mailing list, but still no news, you
can have a look at :
https://java.net/projects/jersey/lists/users/archive/2013-10/message/64

If you look at the code for the three styles, there are not many changes. I
would hope that Forge could help developers to generate different
architectural styles. As I said, we could do something like this (depending
on the future syntax : https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-944)

* Horizontal :*

   - jpa-scaffold-from-database
   - jsf-scaffold-from-entity
   - rest-scaffold-from-entity

*EJB Centric :*

   - jpa-scaffold-from-database
   - ejb-scaffold-from-entity
   - jsf-scaffold-from-ejb
   - rest-scaffold-from-ejb

*REST centric :*

   - jpa-scaffold-from-database
   - rest-scaffold-from-entity
   - jsf-scaffold-from-rest

If that interests you, I would be more than happy to contribute to
something like that.

Antonio

Web site <http://www.antoniogoncalves.org/> |
Twitter<http://twitter.com/agoncal>