[forge-dev] Checking in on Gradle Addon

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 12:33:37 EDT 2013

Please see the gradle DependencyHandler docs for reference. I believe it
explains how to resolve this :)

http://www.gradle.org/docs/current/dsl/org.gradle.api.artifacts.dsl.DependencyHandler.html

This states that the mechanism for declaring dependencies follows the form
below:

apply plugin: 'java' //so that I can declare 'compile' dependencies

dependencies {
  //configuring dependency to specific configuration of the module
  compile configuration: 'someConf', group: 'org.someOrg', name:
'someModule', version: '1.0'

  //configuring dependency on 'someLib' module
  compile(group: 'org.myorg', name: 'someLib', version:'1.0') {
    //explicitly adding the dependency artifact:
    artifact {
      name = 'someArtifact' //artifact name different than module name
      type = 'jar'
      classifier = 'someClassifier'
    }
  }