[forge-dev] Asciidoctor, Hyla and Forge

Alex Soto asotobu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 03:46:36 EST 2014

Hello Forge folks,

this is Alex, I am the developer of AsciidoctorJ, the interface between
Ruby part of Asciidoctor and Java. There is one project called Hyla
https://github.com/cmoulliard/hyla (written in Ruby) which is something
like a console for working with Asciidoctor. Basically what I am going to
do is something similar but for Java.

What I want is create some commands which allows you to create an
Asciidoctor project for example with DZSlides structure, so for example
user can do:

$>asciidoctor install template dzslides http://......... #this command
download a template from internet and install it inside forge directory.

$>asciidoctor create dzslides /home/alex/mypresentation #this command
basically uncompress the downloaded file inside the destination directory

$>asciidoctor render #this command renders the project.

Then as you can see it is a very lightweight operations, basically download
something from internet, uncompress it, and run a compilation command. Of
course maybe in future I can add something like push to github-pages, ....

But my original idea was to usig Crest (project from Tomitribe) because I
don't need many things provided by (Forge 1), but after Forge 2 is released
(which means user can install the required addons instead of having some
predefined addons),

I send this email because Lincoln asked it in Twitter, so I don't know what
are your thoughts about this.

BTW one thing that worries me a lot is about using JBoss Modules because
historically has complicated a bit our life with classloader issues and
JRuby, but of course may be it is time to give a try with Forge.

Thank you so much,
Alex.
  Alex Soto Bueno
  www.lordofthejars.com