[forge-dev] Executing processes in Forge 2

Ivan St. Ivanov ivan.st.ivanov at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 05:56:49 EST 2014

Hi everybody,

I have a question about Forge 2. Is there a utility for executing external
processes?

In Forge 1 there was this:
org.jboss.forge.shell.util.NativeSystemCall.execFromPath

However, in Forge 2 it is hidden in the maven-impl project. There is
something similar in org.jboss.forge.arquillian.util.NativeSystemCall.

Is there a preferred way in Forge 2 to run external processes? Maybe every
developer should write their own utility? Or maybe we could move the
maven-impl implementation to Furnace (org.jboss.forge.furnace.util)?

Cheers,
Ivan