[forge-dev] Executing processes in Forge 2

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 17:42:39 EST 2014

Yeah, agreed. This is probably something that belongs in a separate addon.
Dev-tools is probably not the right place either, but I hate to create a
new addon just for one feature. I suppose there's no harm, though.

org.jboss.forge.addon:process-exec ?

~Lincoln

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Ivan St. Ivanov
<ivan.st.ivanov at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi George,
>
> Here it is: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1564
>
> I thought of the furnace project as I found in the org.jboss.forge.furnace.util
> package the class OperatingSystemUtils, which shared the same package
> with NativeSystemCall in Forge 1. But you know that better than me :)
>
> Cheers,
> Ivan
>

> On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 2:50 PM, George Gastaldi <ggastald at redhat.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Ivan,
>>
>> Nice catch. Could you open a JIRA about this? I don't think Furnace
>> should have this class, because it's not used in there. The dev-java-tools
>> addon is a good candidate for it I guess.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> > Em 09/02/2014, às 08:57, "Ivan St. Ivanov" <ivan.st.ivanov at gmail.com>
>> escreveu:
>> >
>> > Hi everybody,
>> >
>> > I have a question about Forge 2. Is there a utility for executing
>> external processes?
>> >
>> > In Forge 1 there was this:
>> > org.jboss.forge.shell.util.NativeSystemCall.execFromPath
>> >
>> > However, in Forge 2 it is hidden in the maven-impl project. There is
>> something similar in org.jboss.forge.arquillian.util.NativeSystemCall.
>> >
>> > Is there a preferred way in Forge 2 to run external processes? Maybe
>> every developer should write their own utility? Or maybe we could move the
>> maven-impl implementation to Furnace (org.jboss.forge.furnace.util)?
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Ivan

http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."