[forge-dev] Help create new type of forge project

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 14:06:10 EST 2014

Yes, based on your requirements I would try to use Forge 2 instead. Forge 1
was not really designed to be extended in this way. It's technically
*maybe* possible, but I wouldn't really want to try.

Additionally, since Forge 1 is not being changed (just maintained) because
Forge 2 is nearly here, I would definitely look at Forge 2. This problem
was considered when designing it, and should allow you to do what you need.

Take a look at the `BuildSystem` (BuildSystem does not necessarily build
the project. This name may need to be updated to be clearer of it's
purpose; it to be ProjectLocator. Perhaps ProjectProvider would be a better
name.):

https://github.com/forge/core/blob/2.0/projects/README.asciidoc
https://github.com/forge/core/blob/2.0/projects/api/src/main/java/org/jboss/forge/addon/projects/BuildSystem.java#L13

~Lincoln

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Rafael Pestano <rmpestano at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi George,
>
> Im not going to perform any build, i'll just analyse the project structure
> and files so being build independent mean i can use my plugin in more
> projects(for now the ones that have OSGi metadata).
>
> thanks again
>

> 2014/1/24 <forge-dev at lists.jboss.org>
>
> Why are you not using maven or any other Build system?
>>
>> Posted by forums
>> Original post: https://community.jboss.org/message/854657#854657

> <http://www.advancedit.com.br/>Att,
>
> Rafael M. Pestano
>
> Desenvolvedor Java Cia. de Processamento de Dados do Rio Grande do Sul
> Graduando em Ciência da Computação UFRGS
> http://conventionsframework.org <http://conventions.github.io/home/>
> http://rpestano.wordpress.com/
> @realpestano

http://ocpsoft.org