[forge-dev] Install Forge from CURL (FORGE-1896)

Devanshu Singh devanshu911 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 12:40:43 EDT 2014

Hello!

I’ve been working on the Issue:Install Forge from CURL
(https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1896)

While writing the script I found that the installer extracts to the name
:”forge-distribution-2.12.1.Final”. Meanwhile reading the installation
documents on the forge website(http://forge.jboss.org/document/installation),
I found that the install location suggested is “~/forge/“ (maintaining the
bin folder directly inside this).
Should I rename the extracted zip archive to “forge” inside the script ? or
should I modify the path variable?
Please correct me if I am wrong anywhere or if there is an alternate way to
handle this. (This is my first outing with open source!).

Devanshu