[forge-dev] How to get value as class from annotation?

Doychin Bondzhev doychin at dsoft-bg.com
Sat Aug 8 12:23:24 EDT 2015

Hi,

We are part of the group that is trying to develop spring boot forge
addon. We try to cover the case when we have entity with IdClass
annotation and we have problem to get IdClass value parameter as some
object that can give use more inform about that class.

This is the code we are using :

JavaClassSource entityClass = ((JavaResource) repositoryEntity
				.getValue()).getJavaType();

		if (entityClass.hasAnnotation(IdClass.class)) {
			AnnotationSource<JavaClassSource> idClassAnotation = entityClass
					.getAnnotation(IdClass.class);
			String valueClassName = idClassAnotation.getLiteralValue();

We get as result in valueClassName the name of the class
("ClassName.class") but we need some sort of object that can provide us
with some additional information like qualified class name and simple
class name.

This class can be part of the project or can be imported from another
project/jar archive.

Any idea how to achieve this?

--
Doychin Bondzhev