[forge-dev] UI - Table output

George Gastaldi ggastald at redhat.com
Sun Aug 23 13:41:31 EDT 2015

I am not sure if another UIInput type should be created. UIInputMany covers
most of the many values input types. Perhaps a InputType.TABLE should help,
still unsure how to handle that in shell

Em domingo, 23 de agosto de 2015, Rafael Pestano <rmpestano at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> also if we press tab in shell we could display a json skeleton with empty
> values:
>
> network-config --proxybypass { "host": "", "provider": ""}

> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','rmpestano at gmail.com');>>:
>
>> Hi George,
>>
>> custom layout is nice but I think tabular data is a common case that
>> could be provided out of the box. We need to think about the shell, maybe
>> we can represent input data as json.
>>
>> Here's an example for network config to add proxy bypass (image in first
>> message):
>>
>> @Inject
>> @WithAttributes(label = "Proxy bypass")
>> private UIInputTable<ProxyBypass> proxyByPassConfig;
>>

>> ProxyBypass is a pojo with 2(String) fields (host and provider), the name
>> of the fields could be used for table column names.
>>
>> in shell we could use the following command:
>>
>> network-config --proxybypass { "host": "127.0.0.1", "provider": "Manual"}
>>

>> Don't know if its viable, for now I'll stick with input many.

>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','ggastald at redhat.com');>>:
>>
>>> We do have https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1190 requesting a
>>> custom extension point to allow custom component inputs to be rendered
>>> (that's why the inputType attribute in HintsFacet is a String), so you
>>> could implement your own component using the Eclipse API and the Forge
>>> plugin would render as you like, but that is not implemented yet.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> George Gastaldi

>> --
>> <http://www.advancedit.com.br/>Att,
>>
>> Rafael M. Pestano
>>
>> Desenvolvedor Java Cia. de Processamento de Dados do Rio Grande do Sul
>> http://rpestano.wordpress.com/
>> @realpestano <https://twitter.com/realpestano>
>>

> --
> <http://www.advancedit.com.br/>Att,
>
> Rafael M. Pestano
>
> Desenvolvedor Java Cia. de Processamento de Dados do Rio Grande do Sul
> http://rpestano.wordpress.com/
> @realpestano <https://twitter.com/realpestano>

--
*George Gastaldi | Senior Software Engineer*

JBoss Forge Team
T: +55 11 3524-6169
M: +55 47 9711-1000