[forge-dev] Stacks - FORGE-2316

George Gastaldi ggastald at redhat.com
Mon Jan 11 16:53:08 EST 2016

Hello Forgers!

I would really appreciate your feedback on the Forge Stacks support. I have
provided a pull-request (https://github.com/forge/core/pull/592) that I
want to merge still this week with the changes.

I still need to document this feature, but it basically does what is
described in https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-2316

Regarding to the implementation details, I created a StacksFacet interface
(that's supposed to be implemented if you want to add a new stack) that
returns a Stack object (that is in charge of deciding if a given
ProjectFacet is supported). Stacks are built using the StackBuilder class.
I have added a --stack option in the project-new command that just calls
the StackFacet.install() method. In order to find the facet bound to the
project it is simply a matter of calling:

project.getFacet(StackFacet.class).

Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be more than happy to answer.

--
*George Gastaldi*

https://about.me/gastaldi