[forge-dev] Bug on XML indentation?

Alex Soto Bueno asotobue at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 11:06:06 EST 2017

Hi I am generating an XML file in an addon using:

XMLParser.toXMLString(xml);

The node I am creating is done:

xml.getOrCreate("extension at qualifier=" + qualifier)
              .getOrCreate("property at name=" + key)
              .text(value);

were value is a yaml-like expression.

The problem is that the resulting XML is not well indented:

<arquillian xmlns="http://jboss.org/schema/arquillian" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="
http://jboss.org/schema/arquillian
http://jboss.org/schema/arquillian/arquillian_1_0.xsd">
  <extension qualifier="algeron-consumer">
    <configuration>
      <property name="publishConfiguration">
provider: folder
outputFolder: /tmp/contracts
contractsFolder: target/pacts
</property>
    </configuration>
  </extension>
</arquillian>

I can understand that YAML thing is not correctly formatted but notice that
the closing </property> tag is not correctly indented.

Any idea?

Alex.