[forge-users] problem generating forge-plugin according to documentation

Gunzenreiner Simon simon.gunzenreiner at axa-tech.com
Tue Oct 25 06:12:15 EDT 2011

Hi all

Being new to forge, I was following the documentation on
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/FORGE/Reference+the+Forge+APIs,
the forge way. When executing plugins setup, I get

[test-plugin] test-plugin $ plugins setup
***SUCCESS*** Installed [forge.spec.cdi] successfully.
Wrote c:\/temp/test-plugin/src/main/resources/META-INF/beans.xml
***ERROR*** [plugins setup] promptChoice() Cannot ask user to select
from a list of nothing. Ensure you have values in your options list.

Any clues on why this might occur? I have not been able to find any
documentation about what the role of the forge repository is, and how
this relates to the "modules" directory in the forge installation. Being
behind a HTTP proxy I am suspecting that the DEFAULT_PLUGIN_REPO on
github cannot be accessed?

Regards
Simon