[forge-users] Forge 1.0.0.SNAPSHOT incompatible with forge plugin repository

Thomas Frühbeck fruehbeck at aon.at
Sun Sep 25 06:22:12 EDT 2011

Hi,

I tried to setup and use Forge following the documentation, but I found
some incompatibilities of forge and the plugins, especially with
arquillian and prettyfaces.

org.jboss.shrinkwrap.descriptor.spi.Node
     from [Module "com.ocpsoft.forge.prettyfaces-plugin:1.0.0.Alpha4"
     from local module loader @5f159092 (roots:
/home/thomas/java/forge-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/modules,/home/thomas/.forge/plugins)]

I found that Forge is already built with shrinkwrap.version = 1.0.0-beta-5
but prettyfaces-forge-plugin refers to forge.version = 1.0.0.Alpha-4
which refers to an older version of shrinkwrap.

I then tried to modify forge-test-harness to make it build with
shrinkwrap 1.0.0.beta-5 and arquillian 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT which did not look
too difficult. But after some refactoring it built but it did not work.

I then tried to revert to forge.version 1.0.0.Alpha3 but this did not
produce a working app on jboss-as-7.0.1.

Somehow I seem to have reached some dead end :-/

Could you please give a short wrap-up what the current list of
dependencies and runtime environments are to produce a working application.

Thanks and regards,
Thomas