[forge-users] Forge 2.x gets stuck at the start

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 09:58:01 EDT 2014

Hi Ondra, Sorry you're having trouble. Could you try downloading a recent
Forge distribution and deleting your ~/.forge directory. Also make sure
that your $FORGE_HOME is not set to something old (you don't need it
anymore at all actually.)

Let me know how that goes. Sorry for the delay in answering!

~Lincoln

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 7:21 AM, <forge-users at lists.jboss.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like ask whether somebody does not have troubles with starting
> Forge? Or experience with the following behaviour.
>
> I'm not able to start it on my local machine from version 2.1.x or
> something. All the following versions do the same problem to me.
> When I run the forge command the Forge get stuck. I can see ASCII logo of
> the program but then nothing and I wait for the command shell indefinitely.
>
> The strange thing is that when I tried to start Forge under JDK 1.8 from
> distribution without addons then it started with warning (this is maybe
> connected with using 64b instead of 32b)
> {quote:class=jive_text_macro jive_macro_quote}
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: You have loaded library
> /tmp/1404127116808-0/native/unix_32_xadisk.native which might have disabled
> stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
>
> It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c
> <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.
> {quote}
> But when I switched to distribution with addons then all the Forge get
> stuck again. If I run JDK 1.7 then I'm not able to start Forge neither with
> nor without addons.
>
> I'm running 64b java 1.7 on Fedora 20. I'm putting here the stack trace of
> the Forge at the start in case that it would help identify my problem.
>
> Thanks
> Ondra
>
> Posted by forums
> Original post: https://community.jboss.org/message/879862#879862