[forge-users] Forge newbie

Antonio Goncalves antonio.mailing at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 05:30:00 EDT 2014

Guys, I'm also interested on that.

At the moment I'm working for a customer who uses its "own" tools to
generate code. They have an API to do it from simple Main classes for
example. So it would be great to be able to generate code with Forge. A
perfect use case is : how do I create a new project ? Or how do I do a
"project-new --named myProj --type war --topPackage org.mycomp.myproj" ....

If it's doable, a bit of documentation would help ;o)

Antonio

> Hello,
>
> You can start Forge 2 with your application and use its APIs to do what
> you want, without requiring the shell. Join us on #forge in
> irc.freenode.net so we can aid you in this.
>
> > Em 23/03/2014, às 16:21, forge-users at lists.jboss.org escreveu:
> >
> > Can Forge be invoked programmatically from a Java program? Or can it be
> only called from Forge shell or Eclipse Plugin? I am trying to generate
> code (projects) with the help Forge and it's facets from a Java based
> custom tool. So I cannot make use of Forge shell. Appreciate any pointers.
> >
> > Posted by forums
> > Original post: https://community.jboss.org/message/863713#863713

Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion