[forge-users] Writing files with content

Antonio Goncalves antonio.mailing at gmail.com
Sun May 25 12:02:16 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I see myself adding files here and there on my projects (JBoss cli
commands, shell scripts, SQL scripts...) and I use the touch command in
Forge extensively. But how could I add content to these files ? I mostly
write Forge scripts, so I would love to do something like that in my script
:

# Creates a project

project-new --named test

# Adds a few extra files and directories

mkdir src/main/script ;
touch src/main/resources/insert.sql ; *// This creates an empty file*

*touch* src/main/script/wildfly-show.cli *--content (((( **// This adds
content to the file*

version

# ####################

# #  System Properties

# ####################

/core-service=platform-mbean/type=runtime:read-attribute(name=system-properties)

# ####################

# #  Datasource

# ####################

/subsystem=datasources/data-source=ApplicationBlancheH2DS:read-resource

/subsystem=datasources/data-source=ApplicationBlancheH2DS:test-connection-in-pool

/subsystem=datasources/data-source=ApplicationBlancheOracleDS:read-resource

/subsystem=datasources/data-source=ApplicationBlancheOracleDS:test-connection-in-pool

/subsystem=datasources/jdbc-driver=oracle:read-resource

*))))*

And this command would just create a file with the previous content in it.
As you can see, this can be tricky : when to end the content of a file
(something similar to <![CDATA[]]>)

What do you think ? Any idea to integrate this feature smoothly in Forge ?

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site <http://www.antoniogoncalves.org/> |