[forge-users] customize views and classes

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 11:11:06 EDT 2014

Hi Richard,

I am very sorry that this email went unnoticed for so long! I'll try to
answer your questions as best as I can.

1.  You can do either! Once Forge has generated views, you are free to
modify them yourself - just be aware that if you re-generate any views with
Forge, your changes will be lost! So generally don't re-generate views
you've already changed.

2. Same thins as the above, you are free to modify any classes once Forge
has generated them.

We are still working on the generation itself so that files can be extended
at generation time.

I hope this is the (very late) answer you were looking for!

~Lincoln

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Richard Ngo <richard.t.ngo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Long time lurker to the list and I am finally ready to use it in a small
> project but I have a few questions if you guys will be so kind to answer.
>
> 1. What is the most advisable way to modify the UI? Should I modify the
> auto generated ones or create my own?
>
> 2. extending generated classes - Is this advisable or just create a
> totally separate one?
>
> Thanks!

Lincoln Baxter, III
http://ocpsoft.org