[forge-users] [forge-dev] JDK 8

George Gastaldi ggastald at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 13:00:42 EDT 2015

I created a poll to gather feedback and help in our decision to upgrade the
minimum JDK version to 8:  http://goo.gl/forms/yqGss6gxOA

I appreciate if you could help us by answering just those 2 questions, it
should take some seconds.

Thank you!

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 7:05 AM, George Gastaldi <ggastald at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Ivan, thanks for the feedback.
>
> Yeah, I was thinking of removing that or move it to a maven profile that
> is activated when the project builds on JDK7 only (that can be done now).
>
> So far the only objection I have received about moving to JDK8 is from the
> Fabric8 team asking that this should be done in Forge 3:
> https://twitter.com/davsclaus/status/651632079566950400?s=09
>
> Best Regards,
> Em 07/10/2015 04:36, "Ivan St. Ivanov" <ivan.st.ivanov at gmail.com>
> escreveu:
>
>> The problem with Java 9 is that you can't run tests, because the JVM that
>> runs them won't start. If you want to run with Java 9, you have to either
>> run the build with -DskipTests or remove this from pom.xml.
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 10:10 AM, Daniel Cunha <danielsoro at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Make sense remove it from the pom if we go to Java 8. :)
>>> Can you share your problem with Java 9? (even though we don't have a
>>> final version of Java 9 ATM)

>>> --
>>> Daniel Cunha (soro)
>>> https://twitter.com/dvlc_
>>> http://www.tomitribe.com

*George Gastaldi | Senior Software Engineer*

JBoss Forge Team
T: +55 11 3524-6169
M: +55 47 9711-1000