[gatein-dev] An exception while starting Tomcat

Christophe Laprun claprun at redhat.com
Tue Mar 2 13:54:33 EST 2010

On Mar 2, 2010, at 6:01 PM, Thomas Heute wrote:

> I plead guilty :-/
>
> I commited that way when merging from my branch, not sure what happened...
>
> I've committed the 'fix'.

The real fix is that we should be using a real XML parser that can properly deal with white spaces. It's quite unbelievable that we run into these kinds of issues in this day and age. It's not like XML is a new technology. If we have to be careful about white spaces, we might as well not use XML at all (or manually parse the files).

I can't even imagine having to tell our customers "ah, sorry, but you have an extra space in your configuration, that's why it's not working"… :(

Cordialement / Best,
Chris

==
Principal Software Engineer / JBoss Enterprise Middleware Red Hat, Inc.
Follow GateIn: http://blog.gatein.org / http://twitter.com/gatein
Follow me: http://metacosm.codepuccino.com / http://twitter.com/metacosm