[gatein-dev] GateIn on oracle DB

Michal Vančo mvanco at redhat.com
Tue Mar 9 03:15:38 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm dealing with problem to start GateIn with Oracle DB.
I always start with clean DB and use 2 datasource instances (JCR, IDM).

There are 2 different issues:
Oracle10:
- ORA-00942: table or view does not exist (start on
org.exoplatform.services.jcr.impl.config.RepositoryServiceConfigurationImpl at b2ecc0)
- only IDM schema is initialized, JCR not

Oracle11:
- ORA-00972: identifier is too long (Cannot instantiate component class
org.exoplatform.services.jcr.impl.core.lock.jbosscache.CacheableLockManagerImpl)
- both schemas are created (IDM + JCR)

To run on oracle, I change configuration in idm-configuration.xml and
jcr-configuration.xml, then copy jdbc driver and start.
I also add <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="create-drop"/>
to idm-configuration.xml (recommended by Boleslaw Dawidowicz - it worked
on EPP, but not on GateIn trunk).

There are links to log:
http://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/gatein_portal_ui_selenium_tests_jboss5_oracle10/22/console

http://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/gatein_portal_ui_selenium_tests_jboss5_oracle11/21/console