[gatein-dev] GateIn on oracle DB

Michal Vančo mvanco at redhat.com
Wed Mar 10 14:41:40 EST 2010

Hi,

currently I have same results as before (table or view does not exist)
on oracle10 in these conditions:
 - 2 datasources on one machine (differentiated by user names)
 - 1 datasource on a machine (JCR and IDM together)
 - 2 datasources on separate machines

To run GateIn trunk on Oracle10, I do following steps:
 - prepare GateIn trunk bundle
 - unzip bundle
 - change driver class, url, user and password in jcr-configuration.xml
in ../server/default/deploy/gatein.ear/02portal.war/WEB-INF/conf/jcr/
 - change driver class, url, user and password in idm-configuration.xml
in ../server/default/deploy/gatein.ear/02portal.war/WEB-INF/conf/organization/
 - add <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="create-drop"/> in
idm-configuration.xml
 - copy oracle10 jdbc driver into ../server/default/lib
 - start gatein by run.sh in bin folder

(I can provide a script from hudson where you can add your own paths and
credentials...)

For oracle11:
 - when run with same config as on oracle10, I get error:
ORA-00972: identifier is too long (when initializing
org.exoplatform.services.jcr.impl.core.lock.jbosscache.CacheableLockManagerImpl)
 - oracle11_jcr.jpg - screen of what has been created in DB

 - if I edit table names
in ../server/default/deploy/gatein.ear/02portal.war/WEB-INF/conf/jcr/repository-configuration.xml, gatein started correctly
- oracle11_jcr_shorten_names.jpg - screen of what has been created in DB

Let me know if you need more details to reproduce it on your side.

Best regards,

Michal