[gatein-dev] GateIn Public API Preview and call for feedback

Boleslaw Dawidowicz boleslaw.dawidowicz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 11:38:03 EDT 2012

We would like to share some early stage of work around GateIn public Java APIs.

Currently it covers mostly all operations around MOP focusing on "Navigation Portlet" and "Sites Management" use cases. What is missing and mainly excluded at the moment is app registry and page layouts which will be covered later.

Initial draft of the API is released here:
https://github.com/gatein/gatein-api-java/tree/1.0.0.Beta03

Javadoc:
http://gatein.github.com/gatein-api-java/

Implementation:
https://github.com/nscavell/gatein-portal/tree/api-1.0.0.Beta03/component/api

We don't have much examples or documentation besides Javadoc and test cases at the moment - those will follow.
In the implementation there is very bare and minimal example of NavigationPortlet:
https://github.com/nscavell/gatein-portal/blob/api-1.0.0.Beta03/examples/portlets/api/src/main/java/org/gatein/portal/samples/api/NavigationPortlet.java

Most of credits go to Nick who has been leading this work past few weeks. It also builds on top of previous implementation from Chris and Julien. Thanks guys for your hard work!

Again this is quite an early preview but we wanted to release it for review and feedback. Please take a look and comment!

Bolek