[gatein-dev] GateIn 4.0.0

Julien Viet julien at julienviet.com
Mon Jan 7 09:51:29 EST 2013

Just to let you know that I'm starting 4.0.0 in my github repository :-)

Initial plan is to come with a basic implementation rapidly (1 month?) and then make it formal with a spec when it becomes complex but for now:

- get away from UI component oriented programming and uses simple MVC programming
- rely Juzu for the web application framework
- uses javax.inject for IOC controllers and bridge with the kernel
- uses Arquillian for developing with testing
- reuses existing services (i.e stuff in components/*)

For now dev is there https://github.com/vietj/gatein-portal/tree/4.0.0 but it can be moved to the gatein organization any time.

The current stuff of course is quite empty but I hope it will become quickly something, but there is Juzu and Arquillian which are very productive.

If you want to help, it's open for business!

Julien