[hibernate-dev] new build script

Steve Ebersole steve.ebersole at jboss.com
Tue Aug 15 22:35:13 EDT 2006

I checked in a new build script today and wanted to give everyone a
breakdown of the various changes.

The biggest change is that we no longer build "a directory up".  All
build stuff now happens within the project directory; all output
"artifacts" end up somewhere in the build directory.  For those of you
that might rely on the "directory up", I added a specific target for
y'all (prepare-dir-up) which prepares the directory up just as before
(well the hibernate jar and libs).

The other big change had to do with the test suite.  Previously, we had
this broken out into two separate targets: one with instrumentation and
one without.  Now, we have a unified notion of running the test suite.
Note that this is still a little in flux as not all
instrumentation-dependent tests are properly covered yet...

Minor (for some), but I also added the capability to run the eg stuff
inline, meaning within the checkout dir.  Run 'eg.inline' instead of
'eg'.

There are various other minor changes, but these were the big ones...