[hibernate-dev] Possible to confirm that versioning is broken forPersistentSets?

Josh Moore josh.moore at gmx.de
Thu Aug 31 08:34:56 EDT 2006

Actually had meant doing this in application code. Glad I didn't start.
Thanks to the patch on HHH-1668 from Koda Janh, I could get the HHH-1401
test passing. Had to add a protective if-clause around the write
statement in PeristentSet.clear() similar to Koda's in
PersistentSet.add()/addAll()/remove()/removeAll()/retainAll(). The same
needs to be done for most of the PersistentCollection methods which use
write.

I've got additions to Koda's patch for clear() and PersistentList. I can
take it farther for Map and co., but I saw, Steven, that you changed the
fix version to 3.2.1 for the group of bugs; have you made the changes
already or should I keep extending patch?

A few questions : for all the PersistentCollections which hold a
Collection implementation, these calls could be pushed up into
AbstractPersistentCollection. Is it worth the effort? And finally, what
to do with the Iterators?

~Josh.