[hibernate-dev] RE: [Fwd: hibernate-mysql50-testsuite Build Completed With Testsuite Errors]

Steve Ebersole steve.ebersole at jboss.com
Tue Dec 5 15:16:15 EST 2006

Yes, you should use the MySQL5Dialect...

For SQLServer you must:
1) use 2005 and the correspnding MS driver (no jTDS!)
2) use the snapshot isolation level (hibernate.connection.isolation
4096)
Otherwise, yes that (and others, I believe) will hang.

Here are my local settings for SQLServer (2005 Express):
hibernate.dialect org.hibernate.dialect.SQLServerDialect
hibernate.connection.url jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1681
hibernate.connection.driver_class
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
hibernate.connection.isolation 4096
hibernate.connection.username hibernate
hibernate.connection.password hibernate