[hibernate-dev] ant junitreport: Success rate 79.56%

Mon Nov 6 08:19:49 EST 2006

As part of release engineering, are the junit tests run in at least one configuration (JVM, Java version, JDBC driver, SQL server implementation) to prove they pass ?  If so what configuration is used ?

Many of the tests fail for my configuration, Success rate 79.56%, is this to be expected ?

My configuration:
 * Hibernate 3.2.0-ga
 * JVM: Sun 1.5.0 x86_64/Linux
 * JDBC Driver: mysql-connector-java-3.1.12-bin.jar
 * SQL Server: MySQL 4.1.15

Out of the box, with Hypersonic SQL Success rate is 7.33%.

What is the purpose of the unit tests that are shipped with the product
and are the quality of those tests currently meeting the goals of that
purpose ?

I would like to think that if a unit test makes it into the distribution
to be shipped with the product that as a user I could gain some
confidence in knowing that the specific scenario that the unit test
embodies is verified as working against each subsequent release of the
product.

Darryl