[hibernate-dev] HibernateSearch DocumentBuilder questions

Mario Ivankovits mario at ops.co.at
Sat Nov 25 03:06:19 EST 2006

Hi!

Is [1] the actual version of the DocumentBuilder?

If so, I think we miss something like a "converter" on fields. As far as
I remember to allow "range queries" (from, to value) you have to create
a special string which allows this for numeric values and dates.
You have to ensure ordering for numerics even with "string comparision",
means, you have to convert e.g.
17 to 000017 and
1112 to 001112
so that you can execute a range query on them. Similar for dates.

You can create those strings for numerics automatically if the user
provides a e.g @Min, @Max annotation, still, having a
@SearchableConverter where you can define a converter would be great.

For sure, you have to take core of the used strategy when building the
query too.

Ciao,
Mario

[1]